12.03.2010

"I need to recap."

If you have stumbled across this post, I both apologize and thank you for not losing complete faith in my blogging ability. Sometimes life gets ahead of me and though beautiful things are happening in my life, I have [as of late] been too busy experiencing them to write them down. Truthfully I am kicking myself for not sharing things while they were unfolding because as I tell the story now all at once it will undoubtably lose some of its prophetic effect. I, however, maintain full confidence that the LORD will be glorified through sharing my story...however belated.

At the beginning of November I fully resigned from my job pursuit. After the 17th rejection [lastly from the grocery store] I decided to take God at what I felt like was His Word to me. I felt back in September that He was telling me to wait until my trip to the Dominican Republic [Nov23-Dec1] and that my life was going to be relatively uneventful until then. Still, I took "relatively uneventful" to include a job of sorts so I spent a lot of hte last 3 months in a futile job hung and hosted daily pity parties as they all rejected me. As the days leading up to my team's departure dwindled, I found myself in womewhat of a panic thinking, "What if I told all those people that God wanted me to wait for this trip...and then I go and nothing happens?" I tried my best to hide my unbelief and left the Sioux Falls airport in eager expectation.

When I arrived in the Dominican our team was greeted by Pastor Carlos and a woman from MN named Kristin Wolford who has been living in the DR since August. She and I became fast friends and after a few days I found myself wondering if I could stay behind with her until mid-January. With no agenda in mind [but plenty of fear and doubt] I began to walk through that door of opportunity, fully trusting that God would shut it if this were not His will for me. As I began asking permission from the leaders and figuring out logistics, I found myself at a crossroads. I felt no black and white answer from the LORD like I wanted. There wasn't an obvious "right" choice to stay or go. I had an equally strong argument for either decision. I got angry with God for not meeting me in the middle--frustrated that I had spent the past months surrendering my ambitions for a "maybe." Avery wise teammate of mine, my mother, spoke to me in my frustration and explained that though God hadn't given me "maybe's" in the past, perhaps He was doing so now.

Finally, on our 2nd to last night in the DR [after a few pep talks from Kristin and my mom] I stepped out in faith. My largest worries were financial, but I thought I had JUST enough money to get me through January 20th. God acted rapidly on my behalf--confirming my decision and showing me His lavish abundance. Within an hour of announcing my decision to stay behind, God had provided the money to pay for my plane ticket, my housing in Hato Mayor, and my first two months of school loans along with all the clothing and toiletries I would need for 2 months. Though the finances physically came out of the hands of my teammates, it was the LORD who provided for my every need.

And so it has been 3 glorious days since my team went home without me! I [for the first time in a while] am praising for my lack of work or obligations because that made it possible for me to stay! He did indeed have a plan...and He will continue to work it through to completion. I have notebook pages full of what God has already been speaking to me. This is truly the greatest adventure I have ever undertaken and my faith is growing in leaps and bounds. What a Mighty God we serve! I promise to report what I see Him doing here in the Dominican Republic...on a regular basis ;) Dios les bendiga a todos!

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing, thank you for sharing. I am convinced that God is using you for so many purposes, but one very important one is that you are willing to share your story without inhibition so that all can hear and see what He does. Your faith and love is inspiring! Can't wait to follow your story and see what God continues to do!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so Awesome! You are an inspiration. Your faith and trust in the Lord is something to be desired by many. I will be praying for you, That God will show himself more to you than ever before and that you will be a light everywhere you walk these next 2 months. May blessing rain upon you and the work you are doing.

    ReplyDelete