9.03.2010

"Progress is slow."

guitar progress: I can now play all simple chords A, C, D, E, F, and G.  My failed attempts at the elusive B chord continue to leave my left forearm in spasm and wondering if my fingers really are webbed and I just never noticed before.  On a side note, I cannot believe pinky fingers were meant to stretch that far away from their other, finger friends. Every fingertip on my left hand feels like it came in contact with a hot stove top, but my calluses are slowly building. I bought a capo {found out that’s actually pronounced, kAY-poh—and I’m really glad I figured that out…erm…before I made a fool of myself in front of the music store employee today…yeah, before that}, I can now plod my way through some of my favorite songs, and I got my hands on a thumb pick that slips over the first knuckle like a ring! Pity it’s a tad too small and cuts off the circulation to my finger so it’s all purplish/black on the end when I get done practicing, but I think it’s too cool; I will risk a gangrenous thumb for vanity like a woman in high heels risks bunions for the sake of sexy-looking legs. Overall, good progress here.


job progress: none…kind of. I got a call today from Volunteers of America in Sioux Falls about a position I applied for, which was really unsettling for me. I guess I expected to not get any calls from any of the jobs I applied for because I know that God wants me to stay put in Mitchell for a while and prepare for this trip in November. Thing is, I am learning He doesn’t work like that—taking away our freedom to decide and forcing us to do His will. So as much as it unsettled me, it only made this decision to wait on Him all the more beautiful because I realize that I chose it. I had other options, forsook them, and chose this path instead. That said, I do need a job in the near future.

Maybe I could figure out a way to blog for money {???}, as this is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to do each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment