9.23.2010

"I've got to slow down to keep up."

I no longer work at the coffee shop. Shortest term of employment {ever}.

After a week of work—exactly 18 hours—and around $150.00 of a paycheck, I am done. My food allergies reared their ugly heads against the powdered dairy drinks I had to make regularly {and probably the bread loaves and egg salads I had to work with} and the headaches and skin rashes just weren’t worth it. It made me pretty sad because I really liked my coworkers and bosses! Liked them a lot. Felt like I had worked there for years, actually. That said, after I informed my supervisors I could no longer work, I had {what felt like} this revelation from God where He let me know that I had run ahead of His plans by taking that job.

I admit, I never prayed about applying there. But in my defense, how much more non-committal can 18 hours a week as a barista, get?! I just wanted to do something while I’m sitting here in Mitchell. It’s so boring. I’m going stir crazy.  It seems that God has grounded me to my parents’ basement in Mitchell. Gah.

Also, in recent job news, I have been asked to apply for the Assistant Show Choir Director position at Mitchell High School. Essentially, if I got the job, I would be in charge of directing the rehearsals and competition season of a new prep-choir at the school. Anyone who knows me knows this is RIGHT up my alley and something I never dreamed I would have the opportunity to do. So I completed my application… and have now stared dumbstruck at my computer screen for 2 days as I find myself unable to push the “Print” button on my resume. I feel like God is telling me not to apply for this job. I feel like He has something different in the future that will cause conflicts with this job, maybe? I also feel like I’m freakin’ crazy turning down a great job with nothing else on the horizon.

I think I’m gonna wait on the Lord. I am going to try my best to keep in step with the Spirit. I would hate to miss something He has for me. I’m going to wait on Him, so when this all works out {sometime soon?} He can get ALL THE GLORY.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Psalm 27:14
“We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.” Psalm 33:20
“Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.” Psalm 37:7

No comments:

Post a Comment